Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do you have a car park?
No, but we recommend Park Rite on Drury Street. Go to: www.parkrite.ie/carparks/drury for further details.
2. Is Wi-Fi available and what is the cost?
High speed Internet access is available throughout the hotel for guests, provided on a complimentary basis
3. What time can I check in and what time do I need to check out
Check- in time is from 15.00 and check-out time is 12.00 noon. Late checkout may be arranged, subject to availability.
Please note that a late checkout fee will apply and will be advised at the time of booking.
4. Is smoking permitted in the hotel?
The central Hotel as of the 01st March 2004 operates a non-smoking policy in the entire hotel. For those who wish to smoke, we have a stylish open seated terrace located on the third floor. Vaping is also not permitted.
5. We are getting married in Fallon & Byrne, how close are you to it?
We are just 2 doors away from Fallon & Byrne, on Exchequer Street.
6. Where in the city centre are you located?
We are located between Grafton Street and Georges Street right in the heart of Dublin City centre. To access us from Grafton Street, at Brown Thomas turn onto Wicklow Street and walk straight up onto Exchequer Street where you will find up located at the top end of the street on the right hand side.
7. How far are you from the Olympia Theatre?
We are less than 5 mins walk from the Olympia and also within walking distance of the Gaiety Theatre.
8. We are staying in your hotel for the rugby, can we get tickets delivered to your hotel from the Aviva Stadium?
Yes of course this is possible, please contact reception to arrange. e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
9. We are attending an event in Temple Bar area, is it located close to the hotel?
Yes we are few minutes’ walk from Temple Bar.
10. Can you tell me what churches are located close to you?
For Catholic’s we are close to Claradon Street and Aungier Street and for Church of Ireland we would recommend St. Patricks Cathedral which is 10 mins from here.
11. We have a few hours to spare after we check out what would you suggest?
The hop on hop off tour is very popular, its will bring you to all the tourist spots ie. Trinity College, Dublin Castle, Guinness Store house. Jamieson Distillery, Christchurch Cathedral.
12. Are there any libraries close by?
Yes we are located a few minutes away from the Chester Beatty Library at Dublin Castle.
13. How long does it take to get from Airport to your hotel?
We are in the city centre so it take approx. 30 mins. There are several bus services that run from the Airport to Dame Street/ Westmoreland Street and the hotel is a short walk from these drop off point.
14. Can you recommend a restaurant close by?
The Rustic Stone, by Dylan McGrath is just across the road from us.
15. How old is the Central Hotel Dublin?
The Central Hotel is 130 years old this year.