Events in Dublin City Centre
Dublin City Central Hotels
Dublin City is a vibrant capital city with a great selection of events happening throughout the year, from concerts, theatre, musicals, literary events – there is bound to be something of interest:
- Heineken Cup Final, Dublin will be at the centre of European Rugby this Spring with the Heineken Cup Final taking place at the Aviva Stadium in Dublin form the 23rd May to the 26th May.
- Bloom in the Park, this is the largest gardening event in Ireland and takes place in the Phoenix Park in Dublin City., There are also activities for all the family and food. It runs from the 30th May to the 3rd of June.
- Forbidden Fruit Festival, this music & arts festival takes place in the Royal Hospital Kilmainham from this June Bank Holiday weekend - 1st – 3rd of June.
- Bloomsday Festival, to commemorate the work of the famous Irish author, James Joyce, there are Bloomsday is celebrated in Dublin City every year on the 16th of June. It is based on the main character, Leopold Bloom in Ulysses. The celebrations are organised by the James Joyce Centre on North Great George’s Street.
- Taste of Dublin, this festival celebrating food and drink in Dublin, runs from the 13th of June to the 16th of June in the Iveagh Gardens.
- Discover Ireland Dublin Horse Show, the horse show runs from the 7th to the 11th of August and is held in the RDS in Dublin City. It is one of the country’s largest equestrian events and features the Puissance with the famous “Wall”, the Agha Khan Challenge Trophy for the FEI Nations Cup. There are also numerous other equestrian events as well as food, shopping and crafts for all the family to enjoy.